EX Range Orbital Polisher: Can the backing plate be changed to different size?
Many clients have been asking about if the EX-610/EX-605 can be changed to a backing plate of 3″ or 3.5″. Or if the EX610 can be modified between 5″ and 6″ backing plate. We hereby declare that the EX range of orbital polisher does not support the user to change the backing plate to different sizes.
The reason is that the backing plate as well as the foam pads are parts of the precisely designed eccentric system, the weight of the backing plate is designed to keep the balance between the counterweight and pads.
Use a backing plate smaller or bigger than the original one, may break the weight balance and cause more vibration during operation.
Also, changing the counterweight together with the backing plate is also not applicable …. The machines are designed with so high precision that, the bearing seat is also specially manufactured for different specifications, so none of the fixed components can be changed to different size individually. Otherwise it will be difficult to enjoy the smooth running of ShineMate EX polishers.
We suggest the clients to use original ShineMate backing plate and foam pads. Clients can use foam pads from other brands but need to be in the same weight of the yellow foam pad that supplied with the machine.
P.S.: Model EX603 supplied with 3″ backing plate and 4″ foam pads for spot polishing and restoration, it is a good tool for small area polishing. Also, the skilled clients can also try the mini rotary polisher EP803K which is the best machine kit for spot and corner polishing.
Enjoy your ShineMate time !
Warranty period of polishing machine
1) The ShineMate machines are guaranteed from defects in material and workmanship, for a period of time subject to your local law and local distributor’s information, effective and evidenced from date of original invoice or delivery note.
2) Easy-broken parts, or defects caused by normal wear and tears, unauthorized/improper maintenance/handling or overload are excluded from this guarantee. Detailed warranty terms subject to the warranty card supplied with machine.
3) In the event of malfunction within the guarantee period, please return the product UNDISMANTLED to your dealer with warranty card.
4) Your statutory rights in respect of defective products remain unaffected by the warranty.
Machine is not powerful as usual
If your machine is running with less power as before, or if the spark is visible through the vents , very possibly :
- The carbon brush is worn out. Solution: Change the carbon brushes with spare brushes.
- The armature may burnt partially. Solution: Change the armature.
- The gear worn out(no spark is visible). Solution: Change the gear set or armature.
Return the machines to the authorized service center to inspect and repair.
Machine speed can not be adjusted
If your machine is running at highest speed even you set the speed dial in different level, very possibly the speed controller assembly is in failure. Sometime it is caused by the loose wire or terminals, please return the machine to the authorized service center to inspect.
Machine does not turn
If your polishing machine does not turn, please return the machine to your nearest authorized service center to check.
Below components may be checked as per priority:
- Power supply cord/plug
- Speed Controller Assembly
- Main switch